Thursday, April 30, 2009

Stop and Smell the Paint

Ingenuity is something that I talk about quite often in my blog. So it should be no surprise that a story about a new line of paint by Dutch Boy caught my attention. Dutch Boy is launching the first paint ever designed to remove odors from a room. I can't imagine how it works ... but having a house full of pets, I'm lovin' the idea!

Dutch Boy Refresh, as it is called, is such an innovative product. Why buy a plug-in air freshener when I've got four walls of odor elimination? They are using TV and online banner ads to promote the new product, but my favorite part is the interactive portion of their marketing effort.

Their promotion, called "My House Stinks: Rate the Rooms" is allowing consumers to upload pictures of rooms in their house that they believe would be a good candidate for the worst smelling room in America. Consumers can also rate other peoples' rooms. My dog, Dandelion would not be happy to hear this, but I may post a picture of her little condo in the basement on this website.

This interactivity is what makes the modern internet, or Web 2.0 so great. Use it to get customers involved with your brand. It will make them feel like they have a more personal relationship with your business.

June Bisel
BBG&G Advertising and Public Relations
BusinessCardContacts.com
845-695-1880
smartstrategies@bbggadv.com

No comments: