Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Mother's Day is coming!

I just love Mother's Day. We have a tradition in my house that every year my kids help me plant my annuals on this special day. Gardens surround my house, and I have quite a few planters on my deck, so this is no easy task. But, year after year, my kids help me with no complaint, which is really the most amazing part. And at the end of the day, the place looks just great.

As I mentioned in my post from last Thursday, holidays give businesses the opportunity to have fun and be creative. Yes, spending may be down a bit, but people are still going to buy gifts for their Mommies. Flowers will still be the most popular gift; card sales will still be strong; and restaurants still expect the day to be the busiest of the year. What consumers will probably be buying less of this year are gifts for women who aren't their mother -- like for aunts, godmothers, and family friends.

Four out of five Americans are still going to celebrate the holiday, so think outside of the box about how your company can put its unique stamp on Mother's Day. Will your store give out roses to women? Will your restaurant have live music?

Let us know what your business is doing to lend some ideas for consumers on this special day. And to all you Moms out there ... have a great day!

June Bisel
Partner, BBG&G Advertising and Public Relations
BusinessCardContacts.com
845-695-1880

No comments: