Monday, March 30, 2009

A Tip on Organic Advertising

I have had a profile on Facebook for some time now and one thing that I have noticed is that the ads are as organic and ever-changing as my profile itself. In fact, the ads are always changing, and offering me things that seem to coincide with my interests as outlined in my profile. This is no accident. Facebook places ads that are specifically targeted to me. This is part of Mark Zuckerberg's plan to make Facebook profitable.

So, how does Mark Zuckerberg's plan influence your business? I'm not telling you to go out and buy Facebook ad space, unless that is part of your marketing plan. It is still not certain how well this type of advertising in the social media space works.

A lesson that you can learn from the college-boy wonder is to get to know your consumers. Read industry research. Read this blog. Utilize customer surveys. Ask customers questions. Then create marketing programs that address what the consumer wants.


June Bisel
Partner, BBG&G Advertising and Public Relations
BusinessCardContacts.com

No comments: