Monday, August 31, 2009

Elant Polo Picnic

I have had the pleasure, this past year, of working with the dedicated staff and the members of the Polo Picnic Committee for Elant, Inc. a not-for-profit, community-based organization that provides nursing home care, assisted living, adult day care, home health care, and rehabilitation services throughout the Hudson Valley.

I have mentioned, in past blogs, the importance of becoming involved in your community. I have volunteered my time in what seems like a past life, when I was the leader of a 4H Club (The Cantering Clydesdales). Our group would regularly visit with the residents of the Arden Hill Life Care Center, which is now a part of the Elant family. Our club members were involved with horses and dogs, and would bring some of the more obedient pups to visit with the residents. What great memories!

Now, years later, my company BBG&G Advertising, donated our time to create the first Elant Calendar, which was distributed at the Polo Picnic yesterday. We worked with Barbara George, an Elant board member and a member of the Polo Picnic Committee, as well as members of the Elant staff, and we put together a beautiful calendar which included artwork from residents.

I wanted to write about this today, because I wanted to share the fact that when, in fact, you are giving to your community, it is often the case that you get much more in return. The Hudson Valley is such a wonderful place to live and work. I urge you all to get involved. Donate your time and your expertise to the community - your rewards will be great!

June Bisel
BBG&G Advertising and Public Relations
Visit me on Twitter
www.BBGGadv.com
Insight@bbggadv.com

No comments: