Monday, August 3, 2009

Rain, Rain Go Away ... please

I just returned from a one-week camping trip up in the Adirondacks. I really can't complain too much about the weather, but there was a bit more rain than I would have liked (imagine that). Truthfully, I probably would have been fine if it hadn't poured the entire last day. That just kind of put me over the top.

But, always with the mind of a marketer, I couldn't help but think, as I was driving home over the weekend, how all this rain we've been having has really increased the need for particular products and services.

The store at the camp certainly passed their Marketing 101 classes, and offered everything a camper may need to help stay dry: ponchos, umbrellas, tarps, dry wood, you name it. Other products that would be popular for homeowners would be sump pumps, drainage pipes, maybe even roofing supplies.

And I can't help but think how busy the basement waterproofing companies must be right now.

My point is, if you have the potential to sell a service or product that will help people through this crappy weather we've been having, then do it! If you're in a retail environment, make sure you keep the products in a highly visible area. For products and services alike, advertise like crazy. This is your chance to really profit.

June Bisel
BBGG Advertising, Inc.
junebisel@bbggadv.com
845-695-1880

No comments: