Friday, October 19, 2007

Panera Bread review

Panera Bread is one of my favorite places to go with my family for a quick bite to eat for dinner or with a group of friends to hang out and have coffee and dessert. It allows for the best of best of both worlds, enabling visitors to get in and out quickly or to sit around and talk and savor the tempting aromas of baked goods. If you haven't eaten at Panera Bread yet, you don't know what you are missing! Their menu is simply to die for... from scrumptious homemade bagels, cookies, and breads to yummy Panini sandwiches, homemade soups, and healthy salads, Panera certainly has what it takes to please even the pickiest eaters. My favorite is the You Pick Two meal that allows you to choose two items from their menu, either a 1/2 portion of soup, salad, or sandwich. If you are looking for a sure bet, try the Chicken Tomesto sandwich with the broccoli cheddar soup. They're fantastic!

The only draw back to Panera is the line out the door during lunch hour and figuring the lay out of the ordering lines the first time you visit the store. The lines do move pretty quickly, considering the number of people that they have to serve. You order at the main register, then have to pick up your drinks at the next counter, and then stand in line one more time to get your meal. It's not too difficult or time consuming, but I must admit I got a bit lost my first time there. Am I the only one that has trouble with the Take Out line? You have to search for the Take Out sign, which is kind of small and hangs from the ceiling, and then stand at the counter and wait for someone to notice you. The problem is that the counter is rather high and the width of the pick up counter area is rather narrow giving you a small glimpse of people behind the counter. I usually stand there and go, "Um, can somebody help me?"...."Um, does anyone see me here?" I usually take my debit card and tap it on the counter top every now and then hoping to send SOS signals to nearby employees. But sometimes you get lucky and catch someone right away.

Overall, Panera is still one of my favorite places to eat. We love their foods, especially their cookies. They are enough to make any grandma turn green with envy. And I don't mind my family eating at Panera as their food is pretty healthy. Their service is very good and you can get in and out quickly if you need to or you can hang out and enjoy the comfortable atmosphere if you prefer. They have a nice mixture of booths and tables, and even a fireplace to admire. They also have free wi-fi service, which is always a perk. So if you are looking for a new place to eat, I recommend Panera Bread. It may just become your new favorite place to eat too!

Barbara Joyce
BBG&G Advertising

No comments: