Customer service is severely lacking in many businesses. Here are some tips on how to better serve your customers and ensure that they "feel the love" on a regular basis.
· INFORM customers of updates in your service area that could be of
interest or value to them. This is not a sales pitch. It is added value.
· ALWAYS keep it personal. Don't send form letters or emails to your
entire customer database. Make it personalized to them.
· LISTEN. What really irks them? What are their favorite foods, wine,
music? When is their birthday? Anniversary? You don't need to know
it all... just keep good records and make a note of things as they
· COMMUNICATE often. Answer phone calls and emails immediately.
Don't rely on emails when a phone call is warranted.
· DO THE UNEXPECTED... go that extra mile.
We've all heard the facts about how expensive it is to obtain new customers compared to retaining the ones we have. But even without those statistics, I can't imagine why people wouldn't want to make the most out of the relationships they have built through time and hard work.
The world is filled with mediocrity. Do your best to raise the bar and excel at customer service.
Visit us on Facebook at BBG&G Advertising