Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Tough Economy?

My dad was in town this past weekend, and we went out to dinner twice. Sunday night we went to Limoncello's in Goshen, and last night (Monday) we went into the city to Nanni's, a nice little italian restaurant on East 46th Street. I was amazed, in both instances, at how crowded these restaurants were. Remember, this was a Sunday night and a Monday night -- not traditionally big nights for dining out.

I spoke with one of the waiters at Limoncello's and he indicated that they are busy there every night. And, in fact, they have been busy every night I've been there. But, this was the first time I had been there since the economic downturn, and I have to say, I was really surprised. Especially since I've read that consumers are choosing less expensive, fast food restaurants over fine dining.

So, what is it that these restaurants are doing to stay so busy? Is it the $10 off coupon to Limoncello's? Is it Nanni's location right near Grand Central? Or is it the great italian food many of us find so hard to resist?
Let us know what you think Hudson Valley, and if your eating out habits are changing because of the economy.

June Bisel
BusinessCardContacts.com and
BBG&G Advertising, Inc.
(845) 695-1880
or email helpdesk@businesscardcontacts.com



No comments: